Healthy Dish For The Weak: Oven-Baked Eggs.

I am a big fan of eggs. Real eggs. Fresh eggs. Eggs that are scrambled. Eggs that are poached. Eggs that are fried. Eggs that are sunny-side up. (But not hard-boiled eggs. YUCK!)

So this morning when I woke up, I peeked in the fridge and saw that I still had eggs in it... Which is amazing, as I haven't been properly grocery shopping in weeks. (I picked these up a few days back on my way home one night.) Yay!

The Husband is not a big fan of scrambled eggs, and since I usually make breakfast for both of us on Saturdays, I decided to bake the eggs instead... In the oven.



Yum!

Oven-baked eggs are super easy. You just crack two eggs in a small oven-proof dish, and stick it in the oven on a "High Broil" for about 5-6 minutes. I like to throw a little light cream (a dash) and herbs on top of the eggs when I put them in the hot box. Then I serve with toast for dipping.

Quick, easy and light...

Comments

My mom and I once attempted something similar after reading Julie and Julia. We tried out baking eggs with different kinds of cheese on top. Topping them with a ton of pepper jack is AMAZING.

Popular Posts