63 Beats Per Minute.

I met with a trainer yesterday morning for a fitness evaluation. I had never had one before. So this was good.

I am just on the positive side of being in fair shape. My flexibility was awesome (as I knew it would be), but my cardio and strength skills have a lot of growth opportunity. (No surprise there.)

One of the things the trainer at Equinox told me to do was go out and buy a heart monitor. It easily show you how effective you are being while working out. Based on my stats, I need to keep my heart rate in the 140 to 150-range (beats per minutes) to really see some growth in cardio fitness. Wearing a heart monitor strap (like this one from Polar) makes it easy to see if you are doing that. The strap I bought was part of a watch combo.



You can buy just the strap, and it will talk to the Polar heart monitors commonly found on treadmills and other exercise machines at gyms. But the watch was more ideal, because I can wear it while walking to work, in yoga class or a dance class and see how I am doing.

And actually, I am wearing the heart monitor right now, as I sit at my desk working. It's showing between 63 and 73 beats per minute. (It's mostly stuck at 63 beats per minute. Which seems kind of low. Am I even alive????)

Seems like a useful product.

Comments

Popular Posts