The United States Doesn't Like Canadians.

Yes... I am convinced of this... Now.

Remember back in December when I wrote about the exquisitely pleasant experience I had flying American Airlines? Well, since then, my husband and I have joked that he was probably put on to some special list with the airlines because he always get pulled aside to be checked individually when we fly. Even though it was me that called the American Airlines whore-ish desk attendant a "bitch," he was the one put on the list, not me.

Well, flash forward five months since then to about a week ago. The Husband and I were watching 60 minutes. We saw a piece about how out of date and inaccurate the government's "No Fly" list was, and how people with common names were being prevented and severely hassled by TSA employees whenever they went to fly. Bottom line from the piece was, "If you have a common name, and someone with that name is on the 'No Fly' list, you are eff-ed. Seriously eff-ed.'"

My husband and I joked to each other that he was probably on that list. But in reality, we figured he wasn't because he just has an extra search when he flies. He's not taken aside into a little room and asked a bunch of questions.

At least he hadn't been, until today.

Poor Husband was trying to fly back to Boston from Toronto this afternoon. He was pulled aside at Pearson in Toronto. He has his initial screening. Then a secondary screening. Then he was photographed and fingerprinted. All this despite having a U.S. Greencard.

His bag didn't make the flight. So the airport has promised to drop it off when it arrives later. This just blows though. He hasn't exactly had the best of experiences when it comes to the U.S. and trying to re-enter.

Comments

Popular Posts