I Am The Funky Dresser?

I decided to wear a dress to work today. A new one that I picked up at Anthropologie last night on my way home.

I threw black legging on underneath it because it was a little chilly today when I left the house. But when I got to work, a co-worker of mine came up to me and said, "You look so cute! You always dress funky!"

"Funky?"

I know she meant it as compliment. But I wouldn't exactly call my style "funky." I mean, I basically live in flip flops, tank tops, sweaters and jeans during the summer... But that ain't exactly "bo-ho chic."

Maybe my style is a little too "casual" for most people in Boston; especially in the work place? People here tend to stick with a pretty straight forward uniform of twin-sets, khakis and Tory Burch flats lately. And I guess if you veer at all from that formula, you are "eccentric" and "funky."

Whatever. I will take it as a compliment. But if I was living in NYC still, I'd blend in with everyone.

Comments

Popular Posts