Scooperbowl!

About four and a half years ago, I was on the verge of becoming engaged. My boyfriend and I (at the time) were living in New York City. He wanted to leave NYC because he was in a job that required ridiculously long hours. I loved NYC, and wasn't willing to move just anywhere.
So we made out a list of cities that we were willing to consider moving to, and he was going to attempt to find a job there first. The list includes:
  • Denver
  • Chicago
  • Washington DC
  • Boston
No other countries, cities or states were entertained at the time. I was (and still am) only willing to live in major metro areas. And these were the only ones that made the domestic cut. My boyfriend asked if there was one city I preferred over all others.

"New York City," I told him.

He gave me a look of annoyance.

So I told him I would think about it. So I went home to my apartment in Brooklyn and turned on Food Network. And that's where I saw a special documentary on this thing called "The ScooperBowl."

It sounded, and looked, wonderful! It was an ice cream festival based in Boston. And it looked awesome.

"We can move to Boston," I told my boyfriend. "They have this thing called the 'ScooperBowl.'"

He said he was glad to see this is how I "prioritize life decisions." I told him, "At least I have a system."

Well, after having lived in Boston for four years now, I can finally say I have been to the ScooperBowl. I had never been, even though it was one of the reasons I said we could move to here. And it was all I thought it could ever be.

I only got to try 12 flavors this afternoon. There were probably 20 more I need to try, so I may go back tomorrow afternoon. (And before you even begin to freak out, no, I didn't eat all the ice cream I was given. I took three bites from each and tossed the rest out, but kept the cups for show.)



My favorite flavor has to be the "Dice-Kream" flavor by Brigham's.


(I think it was Brigham's.) It's a chocolate-vanilla swirl with peanut butter chocolate candies in it. So yum!

Comments

Popular Posts