Wag Your Mama.

A recent conversation...

"What do you feel like?"

"I dunno, whatever you want sweetie."

"Oh! How about I meet you at Fanueil Hall after my appointment, and we hit Wagamama?"

"What? Wag you mama?"

"Are you done with that?" asks the waitress.

"Sure," says The Husband, sheepishly.

"That's the second time you've made a comment filled with sexual innuendo when the waitress was coming towards the table," I accuse.

"I know!" says The Husband. "She keeps sneaking up on me!"

The Husband and I were trying to plan out the rest of our week, so that we could make sure we sync up at some point. We both have our own lives, so we never count on having the other around on an afternoon or evening. This just means we believe in continuing to make efforts to see each other, even though we are married.

We decided that Saturday evening we would meet up at about 7pm at Fanueil Hall and hit the new U.K. chain, Wagamama, for dinner.



Wagamama is a Japanese noodle bar chain that started in the U.K. Their recently opened Fanueil Hall location is the first one opened in the U.S. They will be opening one in Harvard Square later this year.

Fairly inexpensive, the joint has great food. I've been twice so far, and I ordered the same thing both times. (Veggie noodles of some kind. It's number "41" on the menu.) The only thing I don't like about the place is their policy of running food to tables immediately once it is done. This means that if your plate is done before your table-mate's, you'll get your food before then. And one of you will be sitting there while the other eats.

Not cool.

But other than that, it's a great place to eat. I recommend not hitting the place at lunch time until close to 1pm. It gets packed during that time.

Comments

Popular Posts