iWant an iPhone.

I got my first iPod nearly four years ago. It was the full size white one, and I received it as a gift from my (then) fiance for Christmas.

It died 11 months later, and I replaced it with a light green iPod mini.

That one died 11 months later (because I dropped it) and I got an iPod Nano.

I've had my iPod Nano for nearly two years (knock on wood). And I still love it and use it ever few hours of every day. But I so want an iPhone now.

I don't know what I like best about the new iPhone... But the fact that it is a phone, music player, media player and wireless web device is certainly attractive. I'm not big on being accessible at any time via phone or mobile instant message (I never answer my phone - really - ask most of my friends and family)... But if I could have a device that does all this, I would be more open to being available at any time to people.

I have had the same phone number and phone service with Sprint for over six and a half years now. I've had the same cell phone for over two years now too. (I only replaced it because the old one died.) So I am not quite so advanced when it comes to technology.

The problem is though, with a two year service agreement with AT&T REQUIRED, I can't get one. If I am scheduled to move to Toronto in the next year and a half, I can't commit to two years. And I don't want to pay the supposed $175 early termination fee.

So no iPhone for me for now. I will continue to use my ugly little compact LG phone. And since I never use it anyway, it's really not that much of a disappointment. I really think (maybe) I just wanted a new iPod. And the new iPhone is the next natural step for me.

Comments

Popular Posts