Acupuncture: Meridians.

Tonight I had the second in my monthly acupuncture series. And I find it more and more useful each time I go.

As most of you know, I've been going to acupuncture for about six months now. Even though I initially started going to work on one thing, I've actually begun to gear it more towards other things. In particular, overall health.

One person asked me recently if the sessions have helped me with the initial ailment I wanted to work on. And the answer to that questions is "Yes." But not in the way some of you may think. I've begun to realize that maybe I didn't need fixing for this ailment. (It's complicated. And unfortunately, I am prevented from writing about it.)

But the bottom line is the acupuncture has helped me in many more ways. In last week's session, the acu-therapist asked me about my health. There was one area in particular I was concerned about. Then, when she was putting the needles in me, I felt none really go in EXCEPT for the one that corresponds to the meridian of that ailment. That one needle I felt go in. And it was a hard pinch on my upper back. And my back began to spasm around that pressure point.

"It's tender?" she asked.

"Ohmigosh, yes!" I squealed.

After the session, I asked her what was up with that pressure point.

"It's the one that corresponds to that ailment you mentioned earlier. Energy was stuck there. We'll work on it next week if it isn't moving then," she explained.

I didn't need to work on it tonight though. The problem corrected itself since last week's session.

I'm telling you people, you have to try acupuncture a few times. I am a different person than I was six months ago... And I am definitely a different person than I was nine months ago. (Remember the over-worked, stressed-out girl who worked non-stop and frequently used coffee drinks to feed her emotions?)

What's changed specifically?
  • I eat a lot better.
  • I drink way less coffee.
  • I drink more water.
  • My dreams; holy crap are they on a spiritual kick!
  • I have more energy after each session.
  • Stress? What the hell is that? I don't know anymore.
  • I sleep through the night. (No waking up to pee at 3am on the spot every night.)
Everyone should try it at least once.

Comments

Popular Posts