Sapphire Is A Girl's Best Color.

I have always been on the classy side when it came to polishing my nails and toes.
I put no color on my fingers (because really, what's the point? It'll just get chipped and rubbed off during my yoga practice or during something else where I am wielding tools or carrying large bags.) And I only paint my toes red. So I keep it basic and somewhat boring when it comes to pedicures. (I think it was Jackie Kennedy who said that it was proper for a woman to wear only light colors on her fingers and classic red on her toes.) And that's the way it's been for me for years.

Until last fall when I started wearing black on my toes. It kind of had an "emo" feel to it, but it was still cool. Plus, the only time anyone ever saw my toes was in yoga class. Now though, I am ready for some color beyond red on my toes for the Summer...

Lately, I have been craving an inky blue. But I hadn't had any luck in finding a proper color. Everywhere I looked, I only saw a pale baby blue. (Boring!) But while flipping through the latest issue of InStyle, I saw an ad for a new selection of colors from OPI called "Night Brights." And one of the colors featured was a sapphire blue!


Yay!

I hopped on Drugstore.com and Amazon to find an issue of the color. It took a while, but I have ordered a bottle that should be here later this week. I can not wait!

The rest of my make-up tends to be very natural looking. So getting to "sass" it up a little with my toes is something to look forward to.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You will have to let me know how it looks! I want to wear cool colors like that, but I am afraid it will look bad with my skin tone.
Me said…
As a pale red-head, you could always go "dark green."

Popular Posts