RELAXing Afternoon.

I was out till 5am on Friday night. (More on that later.) And because my body won't sleep in past 8:30am any day, I was up after only three hours of sleep. After I forced myself to eat at brunch, I headed over to the salon to take care of my hare problem.

The hair problem I am referring to is my naturally wavy/curly, frizzy long hair. I took care of it by getting it chemically relaxed. And it was a little painful.

Not hard painful. More like continuous pinching and snagging for two hours.

I guess that happens when you have very long, ridiculously thick hair. (So deal with it, Missus!) I had to get it straightened because it was too high maintenance to deal with. You can't wash curly hair as often because it dries the cuticles out and causes frizz.

How often is too often for curly hair? Well, I have had friends who wouldn't wash their hair for a week straight. They had beautiful curly hair... But I can't go that long with out washing it. I need to do it at least every other day. (I have to.)

So, after sitting for two and a half hours while dying to fall asleep in the chair (but couldn't because of the constant hair-combing - which is what they do when they straighten your hair), I walked out of Salon Marc Harris with pin straight, long locks.

And I LOVE it!

My hair is so long now. In the front, it goes down to my mid-biceps. On the back, it goes down past my mid-back.

I will, of course, have to get it thinned out and cut later this week. But I am loving the straight hair for now. Thanks to Soxy Lady for giving me the idea to get my hair relaxed.

Comments

Popular Posts