Bank Of America, You're Un-American.

And you're a big old jerk too!

So, I have made two payments on my Bank of America credit card this month. On the first of February, I made a payment of $300 for a rental car The Husband and I used in December. Then yesterday, I received an expense check from work and paid off a purchase I made for them on the card in December as well.

The only thing left on my card to pay off was my trip for Tuscany. I put both my colleague's and my expenses on that. She wrote me a check for her half last week. It cleared this week, so I wanted to go ahead and pay off the remaining balance on my credit card.

Well, apparently Bank of America isn't "down" with that. This was the message I got from them after I clicked "Schedule Payment"...



There's a maximum number of payments you can make in a month? So Bank of America is preventing me from paying off my balance? WTF?

You would THINK that with all the defaults on credit card payments people are making lately, they would want to see someone paying off their balance.

It's un-American to forbid people from electing to pay off their balance.

But then again, it's VERY AMERICAN for businesses to try to screw and squeeze every last dollar they can out of the consumer.

Fuck you Bank of America. If you didn't have so many branches so easily accessible to me in this state, I would not be banking with you. In a year and a half, when I move to Toronto, I'll be glad to kiss your ass "good-bye."

But then, I should be grateful. At least you're not "shitty-Bank."

Comments

Vanessa said…
I've had that happen with a car note. I don't get it either. Let me pay off my balance! Clearly they would rather make the interest fees and if someone doesn't pay they write it off as bad debt. Win win for them. If I had the stomach for it, perhaps I'd open my own bank.

Popular Posts