Red Carpet Burn.

Yeah...

So, I am in a ton of pain this morning. Why? Well, because I decided to hit the Red Carpet Ready class last night at the gym. I was joined in this week's class by new bud Bex (you go girl!), as well as a bunch of other masochists. The class was packed. And instructor George Dossas took it upon himself to take us to lunge and mountain climber hell.

But in a good way!

Within the first two minutes of doing repetitive lunges, my thighs were burning. I (because my thighs aren't as strong) had to stop with a quick pause every few lunges because they burned so bad. Then, we were jumping up on our step and then dropping down and doing mountain climbers.... UGH!

I have weak wrists that are a little deformed and physically can't position my shoulders over my them. I have to keep them at an angle. So the mountain climbers weren't really working for me. But I struggled through.

Overall, the class was good, even if I did have to stop a few times. George Dossas is a really energetic teacher. He whistles to signal when to change into a new exercise. And he is consistently bouncing around, up and down the steps.

I burned just about 500 calories in the class. Sweat was gliding off my arms and face after only 15 minutes in the class.

It was awesome!

Comments

Anonymous said…
i am pleasantly surprised this morning, not in AS MUCH pain as i suspected. still have to waddle down the hallway to visit co-workers though...

and seriously, how adorable is george? probably one of the best exercise instructors i have ever had!
Me said…
Georgie is so cute! Total diva!

Popular Posts