God Bless VPN.

I got up at 6:45am today. I showered. Fixed my hair. Put on my make-up. (Did a really good job with my eyelashes.) Got dressed. (Marc Jacobs' Wranglers, Vince Cardigan, White J. Crew Tee, Uggs.)

Then I ate some breakfast and looked at my mobile. A co-worker sent me a message...



I logged into my work computer while listening to the weather report. Turns out it is supposed to start snowing heavily at noon and go through the evening commute.

Now, I don't live far from work at all. On nice days I walk. Or I can take the 43 bus or the Orange line to get there. But I have VPN on my laptop. So that means I can log in and work from anywhere. And I really just didn't want to have to deal with the idea of going into work and then trying to figure out when to leave to get home at a reasonable time in the snow.

So I decided to stay home and work. And you know what I discovered????

My wireless connection at home is faster than it is in the office!!!!!

I was able to do what it takes me 45 minutes to do in the office (which includes having to connect to remote servers) in about 25 minutes.

So I don't feel bad about working from home today.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm glad the snow storm that seems to be attacking the East missed Chicago. Winter and me are done. Thank you for your comment.
Vanessa said…
Hey, who doesn't love a snow day...especially when it makes you more productive. Hopefully the weekend will turn out nice weather wise.

Popular Posts