Quoth The Raven, "These Are The Best Jeans!"

So now that January has passed, and February is officially here, I allowed myself to pick up some new jeans from the ultimate place to buy jeans in the world, Jean Therapy.

I love going to Jean Therapy (which I know you've heard me say a gazillion times)... Not only do you get to see brands that you wouldn't at Saks or Neiman Marcus... But the "therapists" there won't let you walk out the door with anything that doesn't look good on you.

So for a girl with wide hips (like myself), this place is a dream come true. I'm not the tall, skinny, size 26 jeans-wearing fashionista. I need 31s and 32s... And Jean Therapy has them. And they know how to dress someone who has hips. (Thank God!)

As soon as I got there, the ultimate Jean Guru began collecting pairs for me to try on. (I think she likes seeing me come in because I'm not picky. I will try on anything she puts in front of me. And I don't pretend to be an expert on jeans. So I openly put my faith in her with out question.)

A pair of Paige's were given to me. As were some Kasil's. And some new brands were also given to me... One of note - Lofli Denim. I loved nearly all of them... But my favorites were by Raven.

I currently own two pairs of Ravens. One pair I bought last January (2007), and another pair I bought in the fall. The two pairs I ended up choosing to purchase yesteday were also Ravens. (I'm such a Raven-whore!)

The first pair was a deep-inky colored trouser called "McKenzie." They're not as wide-legged as the Stellas I bought in the fall. But they have a more "dressy" feel to them then something with skinnier legs.

The second pair were also by Raven, in a blue denim. I don't recall which model they were, but the pockets looked similar to the Sierra jeans. I was actually surprised by how much I liked the second pair of Ravens. I figured the design on the pockets would make my bum look bigger. But they didn't. The positioning of the pockets actually down-played the bum. (Which is always nice!)

Both pairs were purchased, and will be in the process of getting hemmed this week. I get to pick them up next weekend. I can't wait!

Comments

Anonymous said…
i have actually heard SO MUCH about JT...that is going to be my treat once i drop a size! i love that there is a place out there where you can just go and they KNOW how to dress your body -- that is priceless.
Anonymous said…
Have you seen this site: http://www.denimology.co.uk/? Thought it might be something you like.
Anonymous said…
Ahh Dear Missus,

I must say that I do enjoy helping you with jeans not because you are "easy" with the choices but because you are really appreciative of the help. Seriously if you were "picky" I'd still love working with you!

It's rare the customer that gives common courtesy to the sales help and that makes you a joy to work with. I'm not saying people need to be bowing down at our feet but at JT we take what we do so seriously and try to the very best job possible. It's rare the customer who is appreciative of the service we provide! You're one of the few. You remind me why I love working with customers in the first place!!

Hmm, I check out denimology sometimes but the writer is male and he tends to like really cool raw selvaged denim companies for the guys but isn't very up on cool women's denim. IMHO
Me said…
Bex, you totally need to go, as soon as you want to reward yourself!

I hadn't come across Denimology. It's useful!

Leah, It was fun! I can't wait to get my new ones!

Popular Posts