"That's Just Disrespectful To Bacon."

In case you haven't heard, Atwood's in Inman Square is having their 2nd Annual Bacon Eating Contest tomorrow.

I was intrigued by this, and sent the information for the contest to my co-workers and boss this afternoon.

Now, Mr. Sports (my boss) refuses to eat any animal ass. No roast. No ham. (Or so he alleges.) But he LOVES bacon.

"How much did last year's winner eat?" he inquired.

"I think it said seven ounces," one of my co-workers recalled.

"No way!" I said. And Mr. Sports agreed with me. "That's like half a package of bacon. That's nothing."

So I went to Google and researched last year's contest. Turns out, the winner only ate 6.5 ounces in 5 minutes. We were all shocked.

"That's just disrespectful to bacon!" I exclaimed.

And really, it is. If you are a true lover of bacon, you need to be able to take down more than that in five minutes. Don't you think?

Comments

WHY did I decide to become a vegetarian before this beauteous event?!?!?!?!

I could so out-eat him.
Vanessa said…
Ummm yeah, especially when the Coney Island hot dog contest folks can chug down 66 hot dogs. Both are gross, but seriously, not even a pound of bacon? WEAK!
Anonymous said…
a) If you haven't been, I suggest you have breakfast at Charlie's in the South End. Order the bacon crispy. Mmm. (Best to get up early and go on a weekday, Sat is packed. Closed Sun.) I usually go on days I work from home.

b) Check out the WakeNbacon alarm clock: http://www.mathlete.com/portfolio/wakeNbacon.php

Popular Posts