Weekly Poll: Candidate Voting.

Wow! Such overwhelming participation in this past week's poll! Thanks citizens!

Starting with the Republican candidates... Clearly, McCain is who you would like to see running for that party. I voted for McCain in the Arizona primary back in 2000. We know how that turned out for the Republicans... Personally, I like that McCain stands his ground and ISN'T the tradtional Republican. Sure, he comes across as "angry." But I prefer to think of it as "passionate."

Now, for the Democrats... This was a super close one. And I think it represents how things are going to go down tomorrow too. While at the gym this weekend, I was watching Ballot Bowl on CNN... And the commentators all agreed that for the Dems, things could easily keep going straight into the convention in late Summer. It could go either way, from what it looks like now. And apparently, you all agree...

Up until Saturday, Hillary Clinton was leading by a few votes. Then Obama rose up to win by a few votes. Personally, I like both candidates. I actually prefer Hillary a little more for the following reasons:
  • Universal Health Care - It's important to me. And it's important that we find a way to ensure every citizen is covered. I don't want to see people "opting out" of health care simply because they can't afford it.
  • She's Primed - She's been doing her thing for quite a while. And I'm sorry, but experience does matter to me.
  • She's A Woman - Yup... I won't lie. I also like her because she is a woman. Woman weren't allowed to vote till after men (including minority men). And I think in addition to her experience and her views, the fact that she is a woman makes me proud.
I do like Obama. I do think he is inspirational. But, to be honest, I'm not 100% sold on him. Experience does matter, as I mentioned. And if it becomes a race between McCain and Obama, I could see myself going either way. I would have to see how things played out.

New poll is up for this week. Hope you all are as excited as me to see how tomorrow (Super Tuesday) turns out!

Comments

Popular Posts