No Stimulus For Me. :(

The stimulus package was approved today. Bushie signed off on it. Yay! Well, actually, "Yay" for everyone else. "Boo!" for me. Apparently there will be no stimulating of my package.

Why?

Well, here's how the stimulus package breaks down:
  • The majority of individuals will receive $600.
  • The majority of couples will receive $1200.
  • If you got a kid, it's $300 PER CHILD that you get back.
  • If you make at least $3000 and owe little or no taxes, you get $300 for singles and $600 for couples.
But, if you make $75k or more as a single OR $150k or more as a couple, you don't get shit. Well, you do get something... But it's $50 LESS per $1000 OVER that $75k or $150k limit. The Husband and I will get nothing back though. I've already calculated it out.

So no one in the U.S. government will be stimulating my package. Or The Husband's. Or many people living in Boston, I imagine.

Comments

Anonymous said…
no stimulating of my package either...if it makes you feel better...which i'm sure it doesn't...
Me said…
LOL! It does.
Woo hoo! I didn't go back to practicing full time until July of last year so we will slide right under. We are going to do our part and keep the dollars in the U.S. by spending it here, in St. John: http://www.caneelbay.com/

So excited!

Popular Posts