The Butcher Shop In Boston.

After living in the South End for nearly three years, The Husband and I finally got around to trying one of the few restaurants we hadn't been to yet... The Butcher Shop.

(For the record, we also have not been to B&G Oysters - cuz I don't do shit that comes in a shell, The Dish or the Franklin Cafe.)

The Butcher Shop, I must say, is probably the best place we've eaten, other than Pigalle. It was awesome.

A co-worker of mine told me that if I ever got around to going to The Butcher Shop, I "should try the $14 hotdog."

And she was so right. It is something one should try.

The Husband actually ordered the hotdog. He had that, a coke and some olives.

Me? I had a glass of prosecco, a mozzarella salad, half a chicken (which was better than the chicken you get across the street at Hamersley's - where they're all about their chicken), and a glass of red wine (Costaripa Marzemino).

The Husband's portion of the bill came to $22. Mine came to about $62.

So, bottom line, you can eat cheaply there and still get an awesome meal. Or you can kick it up a notch (like I did) and go all out.

But yes, the $14 hotdog ROCKED. And the next time I go there, I'm so getting that.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I agree that the Butcher Shop is outstanding. And, for my unsolicted 2 cents worth, Franklin is great too. I think Franklin, along with Hammersly, is one of the places that really made the SE cool. Dish is a cute place, but the food has never impressed.

Go to Franklin on the coldest, stormiest night. You can't see outside anyway.

Go to Dish on a pleasant spring/summer day, Monday or Tuesday is fine, when you are hungry, and sit outside.
Me said…
Great advice. Thank you for the tips! I'll hold off on Dish until the late Spring. And I'll try hitting Franklin this weekend.

Popular Posts