Who Is Advising This Guy?

I've always thought Bushie was a moron. But I figured on some key issues, he at least had intelligent people advising him and keeping him up to date. But I guess the economy isn't one of those things...

Why? Well, because the President refuses to admit that the country's economic situation is "bleak."

"I'm concerned about the economy," he said. "I don't think we're headed to recession. But no question, we're in a slowdown."


Then, when asked about the news that gasoline costs could rise to $4 a gallon this summer (which is something I read two days ago), the President said, "That's interesting. I hadn't heard that. ... I know it's high now."

Why is he not up to speed on an issue (like gas prices) that directly affects consumers?

I sent the article I found on MSNBC to The Husband, and his response was:

"I will actually defend him on this. A President can never say we are headed into a recession. He/she needs to be the biggest cheerleader for the economy and must seem confident in its prospects (whether they believe it or not)."

Which is so true. But still...

I guess I am just so used to calling a "spade" a "spade" that I don't believe in sugar-coating or "cheerleading." Say what you mean. And do your best to mean what you say.

Otherwise, I will betch slap* you.

*Not really. I haven't betch slapped someone since Danielle Purcell in the 7th grade. It was after a cheerleading session for our school's basketball team. She called me a "bitch" during the game, under her breath. (I was captain of the cheerleaders, and she didn't like some decision I had made.)

So I felt entitled to walk up to her after the game (in the locker room) and say, "I heard you called me a bitch." Then I slapped her - hard. "If you ever call me that again, you'll get more than a slap."

She ran out of the locker room crying. Really though... She should have fought back. She could have taken me. She out-weighed me by like 15 pounds.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm pretty sure you should write a book some day.

You remind me a lot of Jen Lancaster. She wrote "Bitter Is The New Black." Awesome read by the way. But really, you and her share the same witty sense of humor. I love it.
Me said…
LOL! Someone else told me that too. Thanks!

Really though.. I weighed 88 pounds. Danielle was over 100... She could have snapped me like a twig!
Anonymous said…
If all of your friends were in the Oil and Gas industry, you'd probably think the economy was doing just fine too.
You and I so would have been best friends in middle school. Either that or worst enemies.
Me said…
I have investments in gas and oil companies... I know THEY'RE doing fine... But even I recognize that things are going to shit in the economy.
Vanessa said…
Seriously, if you haven't read the Jen Lancaster books, get them. Read them. Laugh hysterically. I was asked to quiet down on a plane because of one of those books.

Bush? Dumbass.

Popular Posts