Bugs, Bugs, Everywhere.

So, "eww!"

I get to work this morning... And on of my co-workers comes running up to me and someone else telling us there is (basically) a "huge-ass cockroach in the ladies room."

"You couldn't even kill it with a shoe," she claimed.

I had to see this for myself. So I took off for the bathroom.

Now, I am afraid of roaches. Have been all my life. Will be for the rest of my life. I just don't do roaches. I opened the ladies bathroom door and saw something that terrified me.

She wasn't lying. It was a huge-ass cockroach. And it had wings and strong little legs... So you just know that it could jump and fly.

I immediately closed the bathroom door and had two other co-workers go in there and remove the bug. But later on, when I had to pee, I was still afraid of going in the stall that was closest to where the bug had been found.

Then, a little later, I was sitting at my desk drinking my coffee. Now, I had decided to bring my coffee to work today, in my traveler mug. I was down to the last few dregs of coffee when I took the top off and noticed something...

A little black bug, floating in the water.

I drank about 85% of my coffee with a big in it. Eww!

I told my boss, Mr. Sports, about the bug. His response was, "Hey, at least it's protein."

Which is true. But I think I may pick up my coffee tomorrow from Starbucks. I don't know where the bug came from, but I have a feeling it was in there before I poured the coffee in.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ew! I hate roaches. I remember when I was in Florida I was alone in the hotel room with one. I tried smashing it with the garbage can but I didn't want to get close enough and tried throwing it. My aim sucks. I finally called the front desk and had one of the guys come kill it. Ew.
Anonymous said…
Ha. Just saw an article saying that since the world's fish will run out soon and meat is very inefficient to produce, and we already eat shrimp & lobster (related to bugs), we should all be eating bugs. No shit. Not icky game-show bugs, but harvested-like-crops bugs.

Don't ask me, I only report the news....http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/food/story/0,,2242044,00.html
Me said…
See, I refuse to eat shellfish, actually. True, I did hav a piece of shrimp this weekend... And a mussel. But just one of each. And I'm not a fan.

I can't eat bugs. I should be veggie anyway.

Popular Posts