Balenciaga In Vermilion.

So... I bought a new bag today.

Now, before you go on thinking that I just went and spent a ton of money on a bag... I should let you know that I went with a somewhat cheaper bag than the ones I wrote about earlier today. Additionally, I felt it was okay to splurge a little on a new bag because I had a little extra in my paycheck today than usual. (Our "cost of living" increases were in our paychecks this week at work.)

So after work this afternoon, I decided to stop by Copley. I wanted to go back to Neiman Marcus to check on the Chloe bag I saw on the sale table there last weekend. It was gorgeous... Metallic platinum in color, and it was the perfect satchel size. But it was $1295. Ouch!

I did love it... But before I was about to put down my Neiman Marcus card, I decided to go to Barney's and check out their sale table.

"Who knows?" I thought. "They might have some Balenciaga's on sale there. And I can pay with my debit card, since they take normal credit cards, unlike Neiman."

So I put the Chloe down, and trotted over to Barney's.

Once inside, I stopped briefly to check out the display of male mannequins wearing boxers and carrying umbrellas that they had at the front of the store. Then I made my way over to the bag section.

I spotted the sale table right away. And on it was a lovely black suede with white leather trim Balenciaga Giant City bag. It was very mod. And I loved it, as it was marked down a lot.

"But," I said to myself, "if I am gonna go with a Balenciaga, I really want it to be appropriate for going out too. And this black one is more work-appropriate."

So I put the bag down and headed over to the other part of the Balenciaga section. And that's where I met my passion... I learned it was called "Vermilion."

A coral-scarlett color that just POPS, Vermilion is one of the rare colors for a Balenciaga. And they had the cutest City bag in it. It took a few minutes testing it out in front of the mirrors... But I decided to spring for it.



It was less than the Chloe on sale, and even my husband knows I have been coveting a Balenciaga bag since last July. And it is smaller and completely appropriate for work or for going out.

I think it was a good use of some unexpected extra cash.

Comments

Nichole M said…
That is *gorgeous.* I'm vermillion with envy...
Unknown said…
I love it! I LOVE the color! no need to justify the purchase...
Vanessa said…
What a fabulous bag!

Popular Posts