It's NOT Mexican Independence Day, People!

Sweet mother-freaking be-jesus!

If I hear one more person say, "Hey! Happy Mexican Independence Day, Missus!"... I will seriously beat someone down.

Cinco de Mayo is NOT Mexican Independence Day. It's the day that is recognized for the Battle of Puebla. However, Mexican-Americans (and everyone else) have adopted it as a reason to chill out and drink Mexican beers and margaritas.... Which I am okay with, don't misunderstand me.

... I just want to make sure everyone understands what they are celebrating...

Anyhow, I celebrated this "Fifth of May" by hanging out for an hour at Fajitas and Ritas in Downtown Crossing. We got there right after work, and we were told it was "an hour wait" for a table.

So we waited. And drank margaritas while we waited.

Then, after an hour, I went to go check on the wait list. The bar was packed. So, so despite my screaming "Excuse me, por favor!" there was one dumb bi-atch who wouldn't move her fat arse.

So I pushed her out of my way and said, "Sorry! Pardon me!"

I got the head waiter, and he said, "Your table is now ready right here." I threw my coat an drink down on the table, and went back to get the other three people I was with there.

As I walked back through the crowded bar, after collecting my crew, the dumb bi-atch who I nearly knocked over before said to me, "Umm... Yeah, you knocked me over before."

I looked at her and said, "Oh gosh! I'm so sorry. Deal with it!"

(Seriously, I sit there screaming "excuse me," and everyone BUT you hears me? Sorry, but it's your problem sista, not mine. Get some better friends who will help you hear things clearly in a crowded bar.)

I guess, though, that answer wasn't good enough for her (and who can really blame her? I can be blunt, there's no denying that.) So AFTER I walked away, she said something to the effect of, "I ought to kick her ass." (My friend heard her say this.)

My repsonse to her would be, "Say that to my face next time lady. I fight dirty, make no mistake. You might not be walking after you take me on." But she said it AFTER I walked away.

So, today's lesson, people: Don't expect niceties when you go out to a bar last minute for Cinco de Mayo. Especially from a Mexican-American who just had a stressful few days before... As they will show no sympathy and not be afraid to knock some people around, even though they're normally super-duper nice.

Cinco de Mayo may not be "Mexican Independence Day," but it is "The Missus Will Kick Your Ass Day," if you mess with her after she's had two strawberry margaritas.

People betta recognize!

Comments

Anonymous said…
a few things:

1. "fights" like this happen to me all the time because i can't just suck it up and be fake nice when someone is a biatch.

2. i love the margaritas at fajitas 'n ritas, i absolutely think they are laced with crack.

3. i don't even want to know the impetus for this week's poll...
Chris Wight said…
I would pay serious money to see the Missus in a fight. Not cause guys like girl fights, but cause I know you, and I know you'd fight dirty!

Popular Posts