I Have Stopped Using Boston Organics.

I had to... I just couldn't justify receiving the deliveries anymore.

In case you are behind, Boston Organics is a produce delivery service I signed up for a few weeks back. Every Tuesday afternoon, for $27, I would get a box of fruit and vegetables delivered to me at work. (It was the most convenient place for the delivery.)

I started off receiving a fruit and veggie box... And I quickly changed it to just a fruit delivery box. But even that became too much.

See... The problem was: 1. the quality and 2. the quantity.

Don't get me wrong... The quality of the produce was pretty good. Though, I did find many of my apples to be incredibly bruised. And I won't eat a bruised apple. But the bananas were delicious, as were the mangoes. But both mangoes and bananas have thick skin... And you don't necessarily eat organic ones.

Also, the fruit was really, really ripe. Often, too ripe. It would start to smell like the fruit was turning bad within a few days of receiving the order. And once it started to smell, I couldn't eat it.

So the Boston Organics had to go. If all you eat are fruits and veggies, it's probably a GREAT solution for you. It was a very convenient service to start and stop. But if you're like me, and are very picky about what your fruit looks like, then don't do it. It's not worth it.

Comments

BFW (Tammy) said…
We kind of go back and forth with the same thing. We do wind up throwing things away... which I hate. I've had to update my "NO" list several times, to omit things that go bad fast (berries, lettuce, peaches, plums, etc.) b/c they would come very ripe... or worse, not ripe at all and then would start to rot within a few days of recieving them.

You definitely do have to eat in a lot... Sorry it didn't work out for you!!!

Popular Posts