Packing For Rome - Thoughts.

Since I am flying direct to Rome in exactly two weeks, I have decided that it is ideal to check a bag. There should be little fear of the bag getting lost, since there are no connecting flights. Plus, Frogger and I are flying Delta (actually, Alitalia, which is partnered with Delta), and they aren't charging customers to check a bag. So no worries there.

But where I am worried is with what to pack.

The first time I went to Rome (almost four years ago) I was with The Husband. Because I was with him, I didn't feel the need to dress up much. It was all jeans and comfy sweaters to tour around the city. However, it is nearly Summer, and I am going with a girl friend. So I am much more apt to dress nicer this time. Roman culture is more stylized than American culture. And, people actually dress up there. So I can't just throw on a tank top, jeans, hoodie and flip flops. I actually have to dress up a little. Or at least dress a little nicer.

So far, this is my clothing packing list:
  • Jeans - 3 pairs
  • Tory Burch Silver Snakeskin Flats
  • Red Jimmy Choo Flats
  • See by Chloe Trapeze Dress
  • Velvet Red Tie-Dyed Top
Yes, this is it. I need to look at my agenda though, and configure outfits based on what we'll be doing each day. This is going to take some strategy...

Comments

Good things to bring to Italy:

--As much black clothing as possible
--Oversized sunglasses
--Heels (not ideal for cobblestones, but they look fantastic!)
--A pashmina (though they will be selling pashminas of varying degrees of quality everywhere)
Frogger said…
Pineapple tunic, please.

Popular Posts