Sage Restaurant.

Tuesday will mark the fourth year that The Husband and I have been married.

Yep... Four years... It sounds a lot longer than it has actually been.

Anyway, to celebrate the Thursday afternoon we walked across the street from our downtown apartment and got married in Boston's City Hall, we decided to try a new-ish South End restaurant for dinner - Sage.



Sage is an Italian restaurant. But it's not like what you would see in the North End. It's quieter. Chicer. And the food is awesome. Normally, I don't expect much from Italian restaurants. As long the wine is good, I am happy with it. But Sage was all around great.

I started by ordering a glass of Pinot. It was yummy. (And it's good for the heart!) Then, to start my meal, I ordered the mushroom and mozzarella tart. The Husband went with a half order of the pea ravioli. Both were excellent. And I have to give high praise for the ravioli... As The Husband usually hates peas. But it being Springtime and all, I told him he should go for it. And he liked it a lot.

The for the main course I went with the roast chicken, lentils and prune reduction. It may sound kind of "ick"... But it was very good. I had never had lentils before this. And they were so tasty, as was the prune sauce. The Husband went with full order of gnocchi with pesto sauce. The gnocchi was the best he had ever had.

We decided to tuck in for dessert, even though we were both quite full. We shared an order of the chocolate hazelnut timbale. It was rich and crunchy and went very well with my espresso.

As The Husband said, "I give it an 'A.'"

Seriously, Sage was an awesome pick for dinner... And it cost us less than $100. Oh, and the portions weren't out of control and obscenely large like at most Italian places. They were a reasonable size.

Comments

Vanessa said…
I love the reasonable sized portions, sounds like a fabulous place to celebrate. Happy Anniversary!
Anonymous said…
Happy Anniversary! Sage is actually a transplant from the North End - they were there for many years so it was a big deal to see them move. But you are right - they do it right! Great addition to the hood!

Popular Posts