California BLT With Potatoes.

I have eaten out a lot this week and the week prior. So much so that I could not handle eating out this weekend.

"Where do you want to go out to dinner tonight?" asked The Husband, thinking of our standing Saturday night date... Where we hang out somewhere in the South End for an hour or two, noshing.

"I don't want to go out," he was informed. "I feel like cooking."

However, I didn't want to go all out and do a serious meal. I wanted to keep it fairly simple, and I wanted to use some of the produce I had sitting in my kitchen, about to rot: avocado, tomatoes, potatoes and lettuce.

I decided the easiest things for me to make were California BLT sandwiches and potatoes with spices.



The avocado was so ripe (after having sat around all week) that it was very easy to spread on the toast. The tomatoes were really tasty, after lying on the counter top for a few days. The whole meal took about 20 minutes to come together. The thing that took the longest was getting the potatoes to boil.

So it's a quick and basic meal, good for any night.

"This is really good," said The Husband.

Why did he sound so surprised? He knows I can cook.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That looks delicious! And I just had a full lunch! lol

Popular Posts