Summer Fashion.

I am having a tough time shopping.

Crazy, I know. Normally I am quite good with shopping.

See, my problem is that I am in a depressed mood with fashion right now. I am transitioning from loving lots of trends, and trying to focus more on developing my personal style. I mean, I'm in my 30s now... It's time to stop liking everything, and start focusing on what works for my body type as well as what I love.

Every season, I set a budget for myself. I am not supposed to spend beyond this budget, and it's supposed to cover everything... From accessories, to clothes, to shoes. Here is what I've found so far:

Tory Burch Pineapple Tunic




Christian Louboutin Metallic Flats



Chloe Black Peep-Toe Flats



Chloe Trapeze Tank Dress (Yes, I still love this.)



Foley + Corinna City Clutch In Black



Marc By Marc Jacobs Dot Dobby Blouse



I still need a few more tops or dresses... And I haven't found anything I like yet. But there's a few more weeks left before I plan on buying anything anyway.

Comments

Oh my God, this is SO weird.

I have my outfit for Monday planned (of course!) and I was planning to wear a black shirt that looks SO much like the Marc by Marc Jacobs blouse!!

It's the Express version with the same ruffled front and some satiny pleats on the sides. I just spent half my federal refund at Express (including two pairs of satin shorts, of all things, for Vegas).

Yeah....I like that shirt a lot. The Louboutins, too. ;-)
Me said…
Wow! You're getting all fancy on us for the first day?

I hear yah on Express. When I was your age, I used to spend significant portions of paychecks there too. It is such cool stuff.

I remember when I was a Freshman in university, and I needed something to wear for my sorority's picture day... My mum picked out a red cahmere-wool blend sweater set from there for me to wear.

And when I worked as a bridal planner for the Evil Empire, the uniform was often "a skirt and sweater set". I usually bought my sweater sets from Express too.

Ahh! The memories...
Well, it was either that or my SILF shirt with the sandwich on it.
That Girl! said…
Hmmm, well there is this tiny little new store that just opened called Therapy and it's specifically meant to be an edited selection of really great wearable clothing. I'm older now too, so it's kinda geared towards my 30 something and up crowd.

If you're ever in the 'hood, stop in and let me know what you think :)
XOXO
Leah
Frogger said…
You inspired me. After a day of hair color at the salon, I came home and cleaned out the closet. I have four garbage of clothes that are ready for GoodWill, and one closet full of clothes that 1) fit, and 2) work for the season.

Popular Posts