Best Sex And The City Episodes Ever.

MSNBC has a piece about what they have determined are the top five episodes of Sex and the City.

I disagree with their list.

In fact, when I think about the episodes I watch most often, none of the five they listed are in the list. So, here are my top five episodes...

The Real Me
- Season Four: Carrie gets asked to participate in the New York Style fashion show. She has to walk down the runway wearing panties, a really awesome blue coat, and heels. As soon as she begins to strut down the runway, she falls face-first.

A Vogue Idea - Season Four: I was really surprised this one wasn't on the list for MSNBC. I mean, "Hello!" It's the episode where Carrie learns about the Vogue wardrobe closet!!!! It's where most of us see, for the first time, the Manolo Blahnik Campari shoe. (The "Mary Janes!")

Hot Child In The City - Season Three: Carrie dates the comic book guy. She and he hang around and smoke pot in his parents' luxurious park-side apartment. Samantha has to plan a bat mitzvah for a snotty 13 year old. Miranda gets braces.

Hop, Skip and a Week - Season Six: Berger breaks up with Carrie on a Post-It note. Harry proposes to Charlotte.

American Girl In Paris (Part Deux)
- Season Six: The series finale! Carrie and Big (aka John) end up together. The fashion is amazing. She returns to NYC. Charlotte finally gets a baby. Samantha finds love. Miranda surrenders to the idea of "family" and all the hassle it can bring.

Comments

Angela said…
I always enjoyed SATC, although I never watched it regularly. And I'm surprised to say that I've seen 4 of the ones you mentioned (just not the series finale). :) Made me happy to know that I've caught good ones.
Frogger said…
I have to put in a plug for my favorite episode (although I don't remember which season)...

Maybe it's because I'm a writer, but my favorite episode is the one where Carrie has a photo shoot with New York Magazine (courtesy of gay friend Stanford) and she's late...and hungover. The editors determine the best shot of Carrie is sons-makeup with a cigarette dangling from her lips. It's a perfect shot of writer's everywhere - real women, working hard trying to figure out the meaning of life... and love. And of course, Carrie flips because it's not the impression she wants to make on New York. The typical writer: a different face forward.
Anonymous said…
I've watched most of the episodes a bunch of times. There are so many good ones! The one where Miranda's mom dies and Steve and Aidan show up at the wedding; the one where Carrie shows up at Big's engagement party and says, "Your girl is lovely Hubble"; when Aidan proposes to Carrie; when Carrie runs into Aidan again at Steve's bar opening; when Carrie and Aidan have a fight fight when he moves in, including comments about his rogaine use...and the list goes on and on

Popular Posts