Sex And The City Movie - My Review.

Okay... It's now Saturday... And I can write up my review of the movie.

As you may know, I liked it a lot. I thought the story lines for each character were logical, and the movie synced up nicely with the television show.

And the fashion...

Oh I REALLY loved that!

Even the "fashion" of Carrie's newly redesigned apartment... Just gorgeous! Oh! And when Big shows her the closet he built for her, the whole audience (which was 97% female, two percent gay men and 1% straight men) GASPED out loud.

It was an amazing closet/dressing room.

I liked that Carrie and Big didn't get to have the big wedding. (Personally, I think big weddings are a pain.) I liked that they went through this struggle. And I LOVED that they GOT MARRIED AT THE END OF THE MOVIE TO EACH OTHER AT CITY HALL!

That's the way people should get married! Here's a note people: If you ever want to secure that the other person isn't gonna stand you up at your wedding, get married at City Hall first. Then have a big ceremony. Then they won't have any reason to stand you up at the ceremony. that's what Carrie should have done.

Charlotte has no real story line in the movie... Except to have a baby. She ends up with a little girl she names "Rose" to along with the adopted "Lily."

Miranda is a stressed out bi-atch at the beginning of the movie. She and Steve stop having sex. So he cheats on her, just once. And he feels guilty about it. But she leaves him. However, they get back together by the end. I thought this story line was really good. Miranda tells him, "I changed myself for you." And she had, and it didn't fit her completely. By the end of the movie, I think she was able to find how to be herself and be a married mommy.

Samantha... She lives in LA, helping Smith with his career. In fact, Smith is her whole life. How boring. And she knows it. By the end of the movie, she ditches him for good and moves back to NYC.

The ONLY story line I did not like was Anthony and Stanford. Now, I do like that they got together in the movie. HOWEVER... I don't recall hearing what happened to Marcus, Stanford's younger and hotter boyfriend that he had at the end of the series. Obviously, they broke up... But why? They seemed to be very good together. I would have liked to have had more details on the Stanford/Marcus situation.

Other than that... The movie was complete. Carrie's struggle to figure out what "love" is was good. It did feel like a long episode. But I liked that. It was a continuation of the story. And it was appropriate.

And again... The fashion... OMG.

Comments

Dan said…
Well, I would have been in that 1 percent.:) Good review. I doubt I would have applauded for a designer walk-in closet but I can appreciate space.

What made "Sex in the City" one of HBO's best shows was the writing and character development. Sounds like the movie did it justice.
Kate said…
The movie was fabulous - but it was so painful to watch as a bride to be...

First off, to see dedicated Steve to falter was heartbreaking. Secondly, well the no-show at the wedding by Mr. Big was obviously a big ouch.

However, I was pretty satisfied by how it all wrapped up.
BFW (Tammy) said…
I loved the movie. I had three major issues though. What do you think about these Missus?

1. All the marketing crap... starbucks, bag, borrow steal, even cuisinart for god's sake.

2. I think Jennifer Hudson's character was not necessary. She was fine and didn't take away from the movie... but it was like a distraction that didn't belong. Why even bother???

3. The FIRST (and real) wedding outfit that Carrie picked out. The 'vintage' suit. When she held it up, I honestly thought she was just messing with their heads. There was nothing about that suit that said Carrie. It was awful... ghastly in fact.
Me said…
I agree with the product placements... And did you catch the Judity leiber bags? Also, at the fashion show, the Vitamin Water on the chairs...
Anonymous said…
I was ompletely disappointed with the Marcus storyline. I feel the writers should have left the characters together, even if it was just to support gay relationships....they were good together. I know the actor who plays Marcus, Sean Palmer is playing Prince Eric in The Little Mermaid but it still would have been nice to see him on as Marcus.
Me said…
Hear! Hear!

I agree completely about Marcus.

I need closure on that relationship! What happened to them?
Roshan Suri said…
I loved the movie...

but I didn't think it was necessary to have Jennifer Hudson as someone said above...

It would've been nicer to give the screen time to Stanford or Anthony as i feel they didn't get much screen time... and aslo to have seen marcus..

does anyone know why he wasnt in the movie?

I also didnt like that samantha was constantly coming back and forth it wouldve been nice to have the movie not feelings so rushed and cut and paste style

i wouldve loved to have seen carrie and big happily together for most of the movie since thats what i think most viewers were waiting for in the six running seasons.

I love it ... but am just a little disappointed
Anonymous said…
i noticed that Sex and the City has a polarizing effect on both men and women... people either love the movie or they hate it

Popular Posts