BYBB: A Great Spot To Practice.

I was able to get to the 8:30am class at the new Bikram Yoga Back Bay location this morning. The 8:30am class was the first to practice in the new space... And I really enjoyed myself.

Well, truth be told, I was tired, thirsty, dizzy and wanted to puke during the class. And my ass muscles (as usual) gave out in Standing-Head-to-Knee pose... But these are all signs of a healthy and enjoyable class!

The practice room definitely had the "new carpet" smell to it. And we were reminded by the teacher that, "There is no sweat on the carpet." So it was good to be the first on virgin territory. And there are windows all along one wall, which look out into one of the Public Alley ways between Newbury and Boylston Streets. (During class, because I was practicing next to the window, I kept seeing large chunks of garbage being thrown out from the floor above us. I think workers were up there clearing out the space which will hold the second practice room in the Back Bay studio.) There are separate locker rooms for men and women. And the women's one is huge. There is a dressing area, which is pretty big. And there are three showers.

It was a very easy location for me to get to, and I got to see and meet new people who have been practicing at the other studios. I am hoping the new location will be easier for me to get to on a regular basis in the mornings.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the update! Do you have any teacher recommendations?
Me said…
Oh, they're all good. However, if you've never tried Bikram yoga before, I recommend you go to a class during a non-peak time. Either during a weekday or anytime on the weekend. It gets kind of crowded during the weekdays, right after work.

Also, if you've never practiced before, I recommend you place your mat close to the windows in the room. Those spots tend to be a little more "airy," even though the windows don't open.
Mary said…
Hi there! I too went to check out the BYBB studio today, at the 12:00 time. I usually go to Harvard Square via a bus which takes forever, so I was pretty excited to have one on the Green Line. The new carpet smell was a little unpleasant, but oh the glorious size of the women's locker room!

I discovered your blog maybe 7 or 8 months ago when googling Bikram yoga in Boston. Then for some reason your blog kept popping up for other searches I'd do, so i figured it was a sign i was supposed to become a regular reader. We've probably had classes together here and there (though I practice at Harvard Square mainly), well, including Craig's yoga clinic just a bit ago.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and that I love your blog!
Me said…
Aww! Thanks Mary! I am sure I will see you there sometime. I am the one with the Scooby Doo mat and I always use the colorful towels to practice on.

Popular Posts