"You're Very..."

"... Focused. In a zone."

What I wanted to say to that comment was, "Dude! I may not seem like it, but I am always focused!"

Frogger noticed today at work how quiet I was. When I get swamped with work stuff, like I am lately, I zone everyone and everything out. But I am always on top of things, even when I seem like I am dilly-dallying around. But work this week has been busy. And I am having to focus on many things at once, like:
  • 2009 strategy stuff.
  • Doing an analysis of the XXX XXXX XXXXXX XXXXXX.
  • Working out the XXX XXXXXXXX project scope with other people. And testing it to see if it will, in fact, XXX XX XXXXXX XX XXXXXX.
  • Figuring out if it's crazy to XXX XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX.
  • Making sure all the new people on the team meet with the HR Director while she is out here.
  • Finalizing the details of the holiday party. (Definitely doing a Yankee Swap. Probably doing a food/clothing drive - per Bail's suggestion.)
  • Putting together a Powerpoint with combined information on XXX XXXXXXXXXX and XXX XXXXX.
  • Make sure Wednesday lunch gets ordered. (There never seems to be enough bacon pizza to satisfy people.)
  • Answer IM questions from friends about SEO and PPC for their current jobs. (I don't mind the questions. And I am flattered people think enough to ask me.)
And this was just all today!

I probably seemed like I wasn't paying attention to the world around me, but I very much was. I am a "multi-tasker master!" Most people probably thought I was a zombie today.

Comments

Frogger said…
I didn't think you were a zombie. I wouldn't want to be in the meetings you're in right now. I noticed you were 'in a zone' and offered to bring you something from the outside world... like coffee or a pumpkin latte!

Popular Posts