That Other Time Of The Month...

No... Not Aunt Flo... Quite the opposite.

So my questions to you ladies is, "Does anyone else ever have really, really, really bad ovulation pain?"

TMI? Yeah, I don't care. It's my fertile time of the month and I am in total pain... As usual. I am like clock work with it too...

Every 28 or 29 days, one side of my lower back aches with pain. (Depending on which side I am ovulating from, duh.) And I always think the same thing when I feel it, "Ugh! I am having lower back pain!"

Then I eventually look at a calender and realize what time of the month it is. (And I make sure to buy an extra box of condoms.)

Really though... I have always seen this as a great way to know when to... er.. be careful, or not. A "blessing in disguise."

Does anyone else get this type of pain? It's always on opposite sides, and it's in my lower back, just above my butt.

Comments

nancy said…
Always, always, always and now that I'm officially in my 40's, the breast pain that accompanies the lower back pain is delightful, too. Good times.
Anonymous said…
i had that once. it's called mittelschmerz. some people have the pain every month while some don't. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/mittelschmerz/DS00507
Me said…
Yep!

That is what it is called.

It's funny... I always had it, and didn't realize what it was till I went through a period where I wanted children. Then I realized what it was because I would be taking ovulation tests, monitoring my temperature and getting the side pain. I was able to connect the dots...

I ovulate... And I know exactly when I am doing it.

The pain only lasts a few hours. But it is so annoying.
Thankfully, no. I suffer enough through the other time of the month, believe me.
April Elizabeth said…
i get 10 minutes of wicked cramps (like regular period cramps) just a little reminder im ovulating... of as i like to think of it T-minue 13 days to AF

Popular Posts