So Sore... Ass & Arms.

I started my day with an intense workout. I ended my day with an intense workout.

This is usually how my Mondays go.

I wake up at 5am. I got to the gym to meet The Trainer at 5:30am. Today we did lots of dead-lifts and squats... You know, things that work my ass. We also did things that made my triceps really sore. At one point, he had me squatting onto a bench with 25-pound weights in each hand. I had to squat all the way down onto the bench, sit, and then stand back up - with 50 pounds of extra weight in my hands.

My forearms were burning after that.

Then, I went to work, and had ridiculous computer problems for most of the day. Nearly the rest of my team has gotten new laptops at work... I haven't asked for one yet. And I don't plan to. Because if I do, then I will have to get the shit-astic Vista on it. And that's not how I roll.

So, instead, I begged the IT guy to figure out the problem... Which, of course, he did in like 15 minutes. (I was afraid to tell him about the problem because I was worried his solution would be to get me a new laptop.) The laptop is two years old now... But I am not ready to let go of it yet.

After the anger I built up at work from a super-duper slow computer that kept crashing on me... I decided to go Bikram. The class was packed tonight with nearly 40 people. But, despite the fullness, I had a great class. My arms are now really sore, as is my ass.

Now it is time for a bubble bath. And a design magazine. And Epsom salts.

Yes, I am enjoying the end of my day. And I didn't even have to have wine. Just a workout, yoga, and a bubble bath.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Missus -

I just happened upon your blog. I live in brooklyn, and a huge Bikramite, and am originally from the bean town area. Reading your blog frankly I am think we were siters in a past life :) you think exactly like me!

But that aside - a serious question. How do you manage to have the energy to do both a workout and bikram in the same day? Especially weights. I love lifting weights and the strenght/tone it gives me - but I find myself so sore after doing that I cant really push myself in bikram - and thats not even when I do it on the same day! Also - doesnt it get mad expensive to do gym, trainer, bikram etc? Not judging - just asking - as my ideal would be 2 days weights, 4 days bikram a week. Finally - you seem like you have a "real job". How do you find time? Can you pretty much guarentee that you can leave by 5? Maybe it cause I still like in NYC and people work all the time :)....

Thanks - keep up the good work I love your blog!
Me said…
Hi Anonymous!

Thanks for reading... The answer to your serious question is: I work out at 5:30am with the trainer, and then do the Bikram at the end of the day. At minimum, i need three hours between a gym workout and a Bikram workout, just so I can get re-hydrated.

And yes, it does get mad expensive working with a trainer. But it's one thing I am fortunate enough to have disposable income to use for... With the Bikram, I buy an annual pass. So I make one large payment once a year, and then don't have to worry about it for the rest of the year.

Right now, I do two days with the trainer, an additional day at the gym, and usually four days in Bikram.

With my current job, I definitely have way more flexibility than I ever have at any other job. When I worked at agencies, I was chained to my desk and then forced to go home and work the night away. But with my current job, I am lucky enough to work for a company that understands the meaning of "work-life balance." So I leave at about 5pm every day... But so does almost everyone else.

When I lived in NYC nearly 5 years ago, I worked all the time. that was the mentality there.

Thanks again for reading!!!!
Anonymous said…
Hey there -

Thanks for your response. Even though you split it up timewise - I am still very impressed that you have the energy to do that - full day's work - and then yoga.

Good for you!

Anyways - I find your blog inspiring - I am going through some things and I am the same age as you - and I feel like value alot of the same things. It gives me to support to find others who share the same values so I dont feel crazy. I gives me hope I can have the life I want and not have to compromise. Anyways-just wanted to know that...

And next time I visit the folks I a def going to check out jean therapy. Thanks for the tip!

btw - I work at an agency too....ugh!

Popular Posts