How To Fend Off A Cold/The Flu.

I feel a lot better today. (Knock on wood.) After experiencing flu symptoms yesterday morning, I decided to take action and kick some germ-ass!

I had my Mum drive me to the local drugstore to pick up an airplane carry-on friendly, yet very effective, over-the-counter medication combination...


  • Theraflu
  • Cold-Eeze
  • Zicam Gel Swabs
None of these are liquids, so I was able to get them on the plane without having to worry about the 3-1-1 rule.

Methodology:
  • Every four hours, I swabbed my nose with the Zicam.
  • Prior to my flight, drank some of the Theraflu.
  • Every few hours, I popped a Cold-Eeze.
  • On my layover in Dallas, I order chicken for dinner... Upping my protein intake.
The end result was that I was totally fine in flight, despite not being able to swallow when I woke up that morning in Arizona. And after sleeping till 1pm today, I felt 100 times better. I still have a little bit of a scratchy throat today... But no runny or stuffed nose. And my throat didn't hurt at all when I got up.

I should have begun using the Zicam and downing products with Zinc in them a few days after the flu shot. Then maybe I wouldn't have gotten sick in the first place. But I think this cocktail worked well at the start of the symptoms.

Comments

Popular Posts