"I Want To Learn To Fight."

Since I had the day off, The Trainer and I met during the day to do our weekly boxing hour.

It was eerie seeing how dead the gym is during the day.

Today, we did our usual combination circuits. I am getting a little bit better at kicking with my left leg. (The hip is opening up some!) But on top of the circuits, we also did some moving combinations.

The Trainer put on special gloves for me to punch into, and had me do combinations that involved punches and kicks. Then I learned how to duck in a circular motion, and come out with a hard right kick to the glove. he also picked up a punching shield and held it to his chest why I charged hi with punches and kicks all around the boxing room.

At the end of the session, he made me check my heart monitor for the calorie count from the session. I burned 521 calories in the hour of boxing and resting. That's REALLY good.

I also checked the heart rate averages on it... My maximum heart rate got to 172 beats per minute... And I held an average of 142 beats per minute during the class. Those are both good.

At the end of the session, The Trainer asked me, "So, do you want to keep learning boxing circuits? Or do you want to learn to fight and move around the room?"

Duh.

"I want to learn to fight!" I said.

He was happy to hear that.

Comments

Popular Posts