Newest Guilty Pleasure: Twilight.

I have a confession...

I jumped on the "Twilight" bandwagon a few weeks ago.



Yes, I never saw myself as a fan of vampire novels.. Especially those aimed at teens. But I, like many of my friends who read a new book every other week, eventually could not ignore the call of the Twilight series.

I mean, how could you ignore the call when you see the displays for the books at Barnes and Noble and Borders every week? And then there was the Internet buzz about the first movie (which comes out in about two weeks), and it's star vampire, Robert Pattinson. (YUM!)

Do I recommend the Twilight series? Yes. But, some parts of the four books do drag. And you do find yourself skimming quickly over the words because those parts are boring. But there are many high points, and I loved how the story ended. The journey was surprising, it went where I didn't expect it to.

You should read these.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I bought all four on my Kindle...now just need to find the time to read them all! Glad to hear they are good reads!
JessODonnell924 said…
The funny thing is, I started reading these after I saw how obsessed my sisters were with them ( They are 15&17). Ofcourse, I ended up loving the story- but you are right, I also did a lot of skimming!
BFW (Tammy) said…
I am in LOVE with this series. I'm just finishing the 3rd book now and will probably start the 4th today. I am dying to know how it ends... no hints though please! :)T

The funny thing is, that I bought these books and had NO idea how popular they were. I just happened upon them in a Hallmark store of all places! It was only after I finished the first book that I found out how hot the series is right now... too funny.
Michele said…
Hi, I think this is the first time I'm commenting here and I am a fairly new reader to your blog. I too have become sucked in even though I was somewhat embarassed that my book club chose this a couple of months ago. I read the first three books and loved the first two. Like you said, the third one was a little boring at times but I hear it picks up in book four.

Cool blog by the way!
I am so into vampires right now. Are they the new black or something? I haven't read the books yet (on my to do list) but I am currently LOVING tru blood on HBO. I will have to read the series and of course see the movie!

Popular Posts