Healthy Dish For The Weak: Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies.

I'm not a vegan.

But with the way my body operates, I probably should be. But my cravings definitely include dairy items and red meat.

While I was out grocery shopping today, I saw a bag of Gluten-free chocolate chips in the Health Foods aisle. At first, I thought they were carob chips... Which taste nasty, in my opinion.

I flipped the package over and read the ingredients... It was chocolate, not carob. And that's when I saw a recipe for Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. I saw that I already had most of the ingredients at home, so I picked up the chocolate chips and came home to make them.

These are vegan cookies... There are no eggs, dairy or even wheat in them.

Ingredients:
1 cup of Red Mills Gluten-Free Flour
1 cup of sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp f canola oil
1/3 cup of almond butter
1/3 cup of soy milk
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup rolled oats

Whisk the sugar, soy milk, almond butter, vanilla and canola oil together. Mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Then, combine the dry ingredients in with the wet ones, and add in the chocolate chips and the walnuts. Scoop and bake on lined cookie sheets at 425 degrees for about 9 minutes.

I think they turned out pretty good...



Hmm! Chocolate!

Comments

Popular Posts