New Drinks From Starbucks...

So, I think we need to have a talk, people...

Have you noticed the new drinks on the menu at Starbucks in recent weeks? If not, please allow me to enlighten you. Here are the new offerings:

Gingersnap Latte - Espresso, gingerbread and milk. (It used to be called just a "Gingerbread Latte.) It also (now) has crystallized ginger sprinkled on top.

Espresso Truffle - Espresso, European cocoa and milk.

Peppermint Mocha Twist - Espresso, chocolate and peppermint flavor. (They just added the "twist" to it, but this one is an oldie from seasons past.)

Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate - Classic hot drinking chocolate with caramel and smoked salt.

Hazelnut Hot Chocolate - Classic hot drinking chocolate with hazelnut syrup in it.

All of these drinks, every single one of them, are a calorie fest. Talking about 300 calories a pop, just for a Tall cup.

Before you order them, you need to ask yourself, "Is it really worth it?"

And, should you find yourself drinking them just as a source of comfort, you should really be made aware that you could easily get the same sense of comfort from a few ounces of gin or a respectable-sized glass of red wine.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just had the Caramel Hot Chocolate one, and Oh Boy It Must be Goya! It was Gooooood
I know they are really really really bad, but I could die with a cup of the salted hot chocolate!
thedancingj said…
Dammit woman - your post had the opposite effect on me - today I passed a Starbucks after yoga and I had to stop for the gingersnap latte cause I kept thinking about it. However... I got it iced... because it is 80 degrees out here. MUAHAHAHA.

J :)

Popular Posts