Passport & Paris Dream.

I had another dream involving an airport last night. I've had a few of those in the past year. So I don't always write about them. But in last night's dream, I was attempting to get on a flight to Paris, but had packed my passport in my checked luggage.

I recall crying about the passport, and freaking out that I was going to miss the chance to go to Paris. A worker on the airline offered to sneak me on the plane and into the checked luggage underneath it so I could get the passport and go to Paris.

But when he showed me where the elevator on the plane was that takes you down to the checked luggage on board, it ended up dropping back inside the airport. And I would have to go through security all over again.

WTF?

I have no idea what the dream's point was. Here is my attempt to decipher the elements... I've italicized the areas that I think apply to me.

Passport - To dream that you lose your passport, indicates that are are trying to find yourself and get a sense of who you are. Alternatively, you may feel that opportunities are being close off to you.

Luggage - To see luggage in your dream, signifies the many desires, worries, and needs that you carry with you and weighing you down. You need to reduce you desires and problems and alleviate the pressure you are putting on yourself.

Paris - To dream that you are in Paris, symbolizes your need for romance and passion. It also suggests that you are a person of distinction.

Airport - To see a busy airport in your dream, signifies the desire for freedom, high ideals, ambition, and hopes. It is an indication that you are approaching a new departure in your life. Some new idea is taking off or is ready to take off. You may be experiencing a new relationship, new career path or new adventure.

Security - To dream that you have a sense of security, suggests that you may be experiencing much insecurity in your waking life. The dream is compensating for your lack of security. You need to feel well-protected, both physically and emotionally.

Perhaps I do understand the what the dream is trying to tell me. There is an instance in my life where I do feel like opportunities are being denied to me. And I'm carrying around fear and frustration in relation to that, because I feel I've always demonstrated that I'm an ideal person for the opportunities. And the fact that I was taken off the plane and put back in the airport is perhaps suggesting that I should forgo the path I was on, and move forward with a new idea... One that is more secure.

Oh, I guess you could read it a million different ways. I won't jump to decisions yet.

Comments

Vanessa said…
Which dream interpretation book do you use? I use Mary Summer Rain's Dream Symbols and LOVE it.
Me said…
I actually use dreammoods.com. It's been around forever.

Popular Posts