"Latin Groove" & "Red Carpet Ready."

I'm exhausted.

Not only have I worked out twice this week with my trainer, but I've also been groped in one Pilates session (inside joke), and I've done two fitness classes at Equinox. The two I chose to do this week were "Latin Groove" and "Red Carpet Ready."

"Latin Groove" I did earlier in the week. It consisted of bouncing around in to "Latin" cardio music, learning a specific combination of moves. I may have just described it rather "dully," but it was actually a fun class. And, according to the trusty heart monitor, I burned through about 540 calories in the hour. It was fun. And I will probably go back next week.

The "Red Carpet Ready" class was tonight. And as I quickly learned, it's just a catchy name for a high intensity strength training and cardio class.

"I do a lot of lunges and a lot of lifting of weights in this class," the instructor explained to us before class.

You needed all kinds of equipment for the class too (which they have at the studio). You needed a mat, a step, two sets of hand weights (one light an done heavy) and a weight bar. And for about 57 of the 60 minutes in class we were doing all kinds of cardio lunges. Sometimes with weights. Sometimes using the steps. Sometimes with weights while using the steps.

There slow lunges. And fast series of lunges. In fact, there was never NOT any lunges. We even lunged a little while doing jumping jacks.

Sweat was dripping from my face on to my step. At times, I (and a few other people I'd like to point out) had to take an activity to a "low intensity" version. For example, when we were doing mountain climbers while leaning on the step, a few of us had to stop doing it that way and just stand up and do quick lunges with jumps.

There were also a few minutes of abs at the end of the class. And those go to be painful too. But in a good way.

I burned just over 600 calories in that class. I will definitely go back to that one too.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i once took a class similar to the "red carpet ready" class and OH MY GOD did i hurt for the next few days! it hurt to go from standing to sitting down -- my leg muscles, primarily the hamstrings i guess, were DESTROYED.

but, i guess that means you are doing it right :)

you have inspired me...next week i vow to hit the gym more than just twice!
Anonymous said…
Are any of the classes in Equinox comparable to Core Fusion class at Exhale?
Me said…
Oh I don't think you can compare anything to Core Fusion at Exhale. It's in its universe. I could say 100 wonderful things about Core Fusion. I haven't seen anything like Core Fusion anywhere else.

But I have a membership now at Equinox. It's more cost-efficient to work out with the plethora of different classes they have there.

Popular Posts