That's It! I'm Done With It!

The "It" being the Whole Foods nearest the South End, over by Symphony Hall.

I am done with shopping there.

The quality and variety of the products has really gone to shit in the past year. From produce to dairy products to household cleaning products... This Whole Foods is complete crap. Here are some of my issues with them from the past year:
  • They stop carrying a product after you've fallen in love with it. There was a particular flavor of organic yogurt that I LOVED. They stopped carrying that flavor only after a few months. There were also these pre-sliced apples that I loved... And they stopped carrying those as well.
  • The produce is in crappy condition. Doesn't matter if you buy the "conventional" or the "organic" version of something... It's rare that you get something that doesn't spoil within a few hours or isn't bruised like a man after visiting a dominatrix.
  • Things expire WAAAY to quickly there. If I want to buy some orange juice, for example, I'll check the expiration date on the carton... And I'll soon discover it will expire in three days. THREE DAYS! My husband can't drink juice that quickly. And don't even get me started on the bread products there. You can't buy any packaged bread or tortillas or pitas... For before you even get a chance to use them, they will develop mold. I bought pita breads there this past Saturday. I went to go and use them tonight, and they already had huge spots of MOLD on them. That means they were probably sitting there for a while on the shelf. They weren't very fresh.
  • Their delivery service sucks ass. This past weekend, I went shopping there. I had my groceries all purchased by 11am. They asked me when I wanted them by. I said, "No later than 3pm." They said, "No problem! We'll be there way before then." Want to know what time they came? They came at 3:05pm. My poor husband had to delay his activities for the day because I was meeting someone at 3pm for coffee. I couldn't wait for them, so he had to stick around and do it. And I am a pretty good tipper normally. But this Saturday, I told The Husband to only give them $10 for showing up so late.
So since I am done shopping at this particular Whole Foods location, I have decided that I will only shop at the one in Beacon Hill. It's a BEAUTIFUL space. And they have plenty of variety there. And the aisles are nice and wide. You can maneuver around all areas quite nicely. But this means I will have to go grocery shopping every Saturday, as opposed to only going every two weeks. And I will have to begin ordering my waters (which I tend to buy in bulk anyway) from online.

I just can not handle buying food that isn't going to last at least a full week. It's unacceptable.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i *LOVE* the beacon hill whole foods -- it is so pretty and clean!! if only the parking situation was better...

i shop at the one on river street in cambridge b/c they have a pretty good sized parking lot, AND i can stop at trader joe's if i want/need to.

but i *LOVE* the beacon hill one...almost makes me want to move closer there :)
Leah said…
Haha I thought perhaps I was the only person who found the Symphony Whole Foods to be even more ghetto than the Shaws in Fenway. Everytime I go to that Whole Foods, I get completely turned around, can't find a damn thing and always end up on the right side of the salad bar, only to get lost and end up there again, numerous times.

However, if I was a gay guy I would shop there ALL the time; I've spotted supercute guys at that store including a club dj I know and my gym trainer!
Me said…
I wish they would build a Whole Foods in the South End. I am actually really surprised there isn't one there yet. That would be the most beautiful Whole Foods ever, probably.

Popular Posts