Coffee... Delicious, Wonderful Coffee.

I am totally saying "screw it!" to one of my resolutions for this year: Coffee.

I said I wouldn't drink coffee (and by "coffee" I mean "espresso drinks") as much this year. But I just went across the street to Starbucks and asked for a DOUBLE-Tall Skinny Hazelnut Latte. (By my estimation, this actually has less than 90 calories... As there is more espresso than milk in the drink.)

I have been so exhausted this week. And it finally caught up with me today. I stayed up late on Tuesday night to watch the final results of the NH primary. I wanted a confirmed "declared" winner before I went to bed. (I've learned since the 2000 elections to not go to bed till you know for sure.)

Then, last night, I stayed up to watch Project Runway. So I didn't get to bed till almost 11:30pm. And then I was up at 5:15am to get to the gym for training this morning. (Which I got TOTALLY worked over in!)

So I am exhausted. And my job entails me staring at a computer screen all day, comparing numbers and trying to work in new keywords and advertising creative. So, when the cross-eyed and blurry vision had finally gotten to me, I caved for coffee.

And I don't feel bad about it at all.

Comments

If you really want to cut down, you should try to find a delicious tea. I am currently obsessed with this one: http://www.greentea.com/saladagreenteapurpleantioxidant.aspx

It's so flavorful. It is caffeinated, but with green tea, the benefits far outweigh the caffeine factor. I get kidney stones, so I have to keep my diet as low in caffeine as I can.

Also -- as of today, I'm making katesadventures.com friends-only (by email address), until I get a new job. If you'd like to keep reading it, drop me your email address!

Popular Posts