What I Believe Today.

I've had a lot of things fall into my path in the past month. Some of these things have been thoughts. Others have been opportunities. And as I encountered each one, I realized that I was truly passionate about how I felt... And thus concluded my thought or made my decision knowing I was making the best one for me.

Now, none of these things was "Earth-shattering"... But they were strong enough to rock my core. And now, a full month into the new year, I recognize that I am growing and have grown. So I just wanted to share a little about what I believe, as a result of this past month...
  • I believe it is possible to spend a lot of money to make a lot of money. (Work-related.)
  • I believe that putting yourself first is critical to happiness. And that there's a right way to do that and a wrong way to do that. The wrong way is when you use evil tactics (lying, cheating, stealing) to put yourself first. The right way involves recognizing that this is "your life." And you have a right to be "number one" in it to you.
  • I believe it's just fine to not want and refuse to accept the "norm."
  • I believe it is fine to be "emotional." And that anyone who tells you "you are too emotional" needs to deal with their inadequacies and fear of someone being "emotional" in front of them.
  • I believe you should never fail to fight or stick up for yourself.
  • I believe you should never fear death.
  • I believe you should always look people in the eyes... ESPECIALLY when they are trying to intimidate you.
  • I believe it is utterly wrong to "text-message" break up with someone. And the people who do that type of thing (or break up over the phone, rather than in person) are cowards who will karmic-ly get it in the ass some day.
  • I believe that nothing comes easy. And that you do have to work to earn something.
  • I believe it is a waste of time to whine and not take action.
  • I believe that I have faith that things will always be fine.
  • I believe that the Buxton bag is the ugliest bag in existence. (Ha! ha!)
  • I believe that the way to achieve something is to already picture yourself having achieved it.
  • I believe that sometimes it's best not to consider the opportunity, just because someone tells you how talented you are. (Thanks though.)
  • I believe that whatever you do, it should be done for your benefit. (Which goes back to the whole "putting yourself first" belief.)
  • I believe it's okay to piss people off. And to offend them. (You gotta stick with what you believe.)
Again, none of this is revolutionary or really new. It's more reaffirmation of what I have believed all along. And I wanted to share it because I have come across a few people who just don't stick up for themselves enough... Or who constantly do things to appease others so they can stay in situations that are actually toxic for them. Or they maybe dwell on things too long, rather than moving on.

Why be in this life if you're not striving for happiness?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love this post!
Vanessa said…
I love this post and so much of it echos what was said in a visioning class I took Tuesday night. We are strong and powerful beyond belief, we just need to see ourselves as so. Fabulous post!
Anonymous said…
very good list (especially about the buxton bag!) -- i agree with pretty much everything you said. being a grown-up isn't always fun, but when you realize how grown up you actually are becoming, well, it is kinda nice sometimes :)

Popular Posts