"You're Very Dehydrated."

Spent 15 minutes having a foot reflexology thing done a little while ago, here at work. (We get this once a month now.) The therapist lady was looking at the bottom of my foot and made these observations:
  • "You're very dehydrated."
  • "Your adrenal gland point is very tender and resistant."
  • "You have hormone problems. Your body's not flushing them through."
  • "You need to stop drinking so much caffeine."
Ahh!!!!!

Not that this is stuff I didn't already know... But it reiterates that I really need to stop with the coffee. But I can't. I love coffee. Too much. And I told her so.

"For every ounce of caffeine you take in, you need to drink two extra eight ounce glasses of water," she said.

This prompted me to ask her, "How do you know if you are properly hydrated? Because once I drink past 24 ounces, I start peeing every 20 minutes. I figured that was a sign I was hydrated."

"No," she explained, shaking her head. "That just means that you have a small bladder. You need to be drinking almost half your body weight in ounces. Plus an extra 16 ounces for any caffeine you take in."

So, say I weighed 128 pounds (Which is a weight I would LOVE to obtain!) I would then need to be drinking 64 ounces of water a day. And if I had a tall cappuccino (which has one ounce of caffeine), I would to drink another 16 ounces of water to get it to flush out of my system.

So clearly, I am not drinking enough water. And once I get to my ideal weight, I will still need to drink an ass-load of water.

Comments

Anonymous said…
wait...you get REFLEXOLOGY once a month at WORK? *PLUS* cakes they let you punch each week?

i kind of hate you right now.
Me said…
Well, to be fair... The reflexology only started today. We are supposed to have it again next month.

And it's only because we've all been working hard and the company is doing very well. So it's a reward.

Popular Posts