Only The Bride, Never A Bridesmaid.

Never. Never have I been a bridesmaid. And quite frankly, never do I want to be one. But my feelings aside, I went and saw 27 Dresses this afternoon. And all I have to say is...

"Thumbs down."

First, before I crap on it, let's get to what I liked about the film:
  • Katherine Heigl - She's stunning and she can take a role and make something of it. I bet she could do damn near any genre and be good.
  • Her Apartment In The Film - Gorgeous apartment. In fact, too gorgeous. I'm sorry, but an executive assistant would not be able to afford an apartment that pretty on her own in Manhattan. But it is still my dream apartment.
Now let's move on to what I did not like:
  • The Script - Sooooo predictable. Though, I expected it to be. But there's always that hope it won't be.
  • Her Apartment In The Film - Again, I'm sorry, but an executive assistant would not be able to afford an apartment that pretty on her own in Manhattan.
  • The Rest Of The Cast - They sucked. But I don't quite know if that's because the story was bad, or because they suck at acting. I'm going to assume it was the script.
  • The Girl Who Plays Her Best Friend In The Film - I don't know why I remember random things so easily... But I noticed right away that the chick who plays the best friend in the film (Judy Greer) was also in another wedding film seven years ago. It was called The Wedding Planner with Jennifer Lopez. That was pretty bad too. It was pretty much the same story as 27 Dresses.
It was a cute film, but I wouldn't recommend paying to see it in the theater. And speaking of the theater... There wasn't a penis in the entire room. No men whatsoever. All chicks.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love Katherine Heigl. I didn't like this movie as much as I thought I would. I don't know what I was expecting, but eh, I could have waited for the DVD.
bonbonagogo said…
We have discussed the movie but I forgot to mention that there were a few penises in the theater. No balls, but penises abound. And 2 gratuitous 'guy movie' trailers just for them :)

Popular Posts