Healthy Dish For The Weak: Fish Tacos!

To kick the new year off the right way, I made fish tacos for dinner. However, these fish tacos were an even healthier version than I normally make.

I use cod fish. I think it's one of the more adaptable fish out there... It takes on the flavors you add to it... In this case, I added lime. Then, I grilled up some julienned zucchini to go in the tacos. Then I added some homemade guacamole (an avocado, quarter of a red onion, jalapeno, cilantro, half a lime and two red plum tomatoes). And I topped it all off with some jack cheese... But just a little.

Look how yummy they turned out!!!



I think tacos are one of the easiest ways to get lots of veggies down your throat. Three of these things, and you are seriously stuffed. I think the serving of three tacos came in just under 500 calories.

Comments

Anonymous said…
mm that looks good! I never cook fish, but I want to start - do you just get your seafood at the grocery store?
Me said…
YEP!

I actually by the frozen fish filets sold at Whole Foods. They have salmon, halibut, cod, sole... A bunch of varieties. It's cheaper than the fresh fish, and you don't have to eat it right away because it is frozen.

Makes it much easier.

Popular Posts