Gaslight For Brunch.

Wow!

Even though I am going there for dinner tonight, I decided today would be a good time to hit up Gaslight for brunch as well. (I've done this type of thing before with Tremont 647... Brunch and dinner in the same day.)

I was not disappointed in the brunch at Gaslight.

Because it was tucked away from hustle and bustle of Tremont, Shawmut and Washington Streets; Gaslight was fairly quiet at 12:30pm. I brunched solo, but still got a nice spacious booth all to myself. The host was super friendly and good. And my server (for the most part) was pretty good as well. (She did forget to bring me the coffee I requested though.)

Matin Martini

From what a co-worker told me, marmalade martinis are the new rage. There are a few brunch places that offer them. I was a little intimidated by the thought of having a gin martini only an hour after I finished an early Bikram class, but decided to take a chance. And I wasn't disappointed. It was very well mixed. The gin offered a nice bite after the initial taste of the orange.

Omelette with Herbs and Goat Cheese

I wasn't expecting the fries with the dish. But they were certainly welcome. I only got a few down, and they were excellent. The omelette was a good combination of herbs, but some of the egg was overcooked. (It took me a long time to figure out how to cook eggs properly as well. I used to brown my eggs a lot. The trick to getting really nice and yellow scrambled eggs/omelets though is to use low heat and take them out of the pan while they are still a little wet. They will continue to cook and set after out of the pan.)

Pain au Chocolate

Wow! The best pain au chocolate I have ever had! It was too good! Words can not really describe how good this was... But can you see the melted chocolate oozing out of the side in the above picture? Awesome!

And all of the above only cost me about $21 (with tax). The food was excellent. The service was pretty good. It was easy to get a table, compared to all the other brunch spots in the neighborhood.

Bottom line: You should totally try to hit this place at brunch time.

Comments

Vanessa said…
I wish I lived in Boston. That's a fabulous deal for brunch and looks delicious!
Unknown said…
Thanks for the comprehensive review, that was really helpful!
Omg that pain au chocolat looks sinful! I love places that serve french fries with breakfast; sometimes they are so much more satisfying than a side of mushy, soggy "hashbrowned" potatoes.

I'm definitely going for brunch. It looks like quite a treat.
Me said…
It was a treat!!!! The pain was sooo NOT sinful. It was small, like most Parisian pastries... So I did not feel guilty eating it at all.

Popular Posts