"You Are Crazy!"

A friend of mine (Brainy) likes to tell me I am crazy because I thought dating (back when I was single, circa 2000) was fun.

"I didn't take dating too seriously!" I explained to her. "That's why it was fun!"

Well, Brainy is having some boy issues. She has a good, kind heart. But one of the guys she was casually dating just simply wasn't to her maturity level anymore. (Boys do mature slower than girls... Who knew that still applied once in your 20s?!?) So she decided to kindly suggest that he no longer think of her as a romantic prospect.

Well, the fella is making an attempt to win her heart back. (Though I doubt it will work!) He sent her flowers...


Yes, they're very pretty. But this just makes her feel bad about "86-ing" him. Don't get me wrong, she does NOT want to start dating him again. But when a fella does something like this after a gal has clearly said "No," then it's time to get ugly with him. And by "ugly" I mean "blunt and mean."

I think she should send him a handwritten (or emailed) note saying, "Thanks for the flowers. They were very pretty. I appreciate your genuine affections, but can't return them."

I think that's a kind way of telling him to "go blow."

She text-messaged her "thank you" to him. Perhaps using the "minimal effort" route will send the message loud and clear to him.

Comments

Popular Posts