A Day With Craig Villani.

I am pumped for next Sunday!

I found out yesterday that Craig Villani (who I had never heard of until yesterday) will be coming to the Bikram Yoga Harvard Square studio for a posture clinic and to teach a class.

Craig, as I learned from the enthusiastic teachers, is a Master Bikram Yoga Teacher. There are only a few of these in the world, and one teacher described Craig as "Bikram's 'Right-Hand Man.'" He is one of the few people that has been approved to teach posture clinics, and he also is one of a few people who is allowed to instruct people who want to become Bikram Yoga teachers.

The posture clinic will be from 11am to 4pm. The purpose of the clinic (for Bikram Yoga practitioners like me) is to get more information about the 26 postures that make up the Bikram sequence. So, basically, I am hoping to learn more about how to more efficiently get in and out of the following postures:
The yoga studio was all abuzz in this morning's class with everyone chatting about how exciting this opportunity is for us. And it truly is... Getting to study for an afternoon with a Bikram master?

I'm so there!

UPDATE:
Unfortunately, the posture clinic has been postponed. Bummer! But when Craig is able to come to the East Coast, I am still so there!

UPDATE 2: Here is the Craig Villani post from when he was able to finally come to Boston for the clinic. If you ever get the chance to attend a CV clinic, you are very lucky! It was an incredibly useful clinic.

Comments

Anonymous said…
fyi, Craig will be in NYC next week. check bikramyogaunionsquare.com
Anonymous said…
FYI, week-long luxury yoga retreat with Craig Villani in the South of France: www.lux-yoga.com
Anonymous said…
Craig Villani came to our studio in March. I loved it! I learned so much more about each of the postures. At the end of the seminar he taught a Bikram's beginning yoga series Master Class. It was very challenging and exhausting!
Tiabla said…
Ha, love that this blog is the 1st thing that comes up when I Google "craig villani".

He's coming to my studio in 2 weeks for an all-day posture clinic - sounds like something I need to check out!

Popular Posts