Healthy Dish For The Weak: Mocha-Chip Meringues.

I've been needing a sweet treat to snack on in the evenings. I attempted to substitute pineapple in as my "sweet treat." But let's face it... It's not chocolate. And sometimes, I need chocolate.

So, to satiate my chocolate craving, I decided to make some meringue cookies from a recipe I found in the latest issue of Everyday Food... Mocha-Chip Meringues.

I've never made meringues before. But I found that they are surprisingly easy...

You start by whisking sugar and cornstarch together.


And (for me, because I didn't have any chocolate chips on hand) you chop three ounces of chocolate into chunks.


Then you beat egg whites with some salt until they look "frothy."


Next, you add the sugar and cornstarch mixture in small portions and you continue to mix until you have glossy peaks.


Then, you add espresso and cocoa powder.


Then you mix in the chocolate chunks.


Finally, you scoop out the mixture onto parchment-lined baking sheets and bake for about 40 minutes.


They turned out really good! Picture perfect!


Each cookie has 23 calories in it. And you only need about two to get your chocolate fix.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Those look insanely good :)
Anonymous said…
I love meringues! I'm definitely going to try that recipe.

Popular Posts